Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meat Pie mate!

A guy I work with, who is from New Zealand, asked me, "hey mate, can you make me a meat pie"?  I replied, "what's a meat pie".  He then said, "don't make me hit you bloke"!  So after some googling, and some cleaning out of my refrigerator, I made this;


Basically, it's puff pastry filled with a really thick beef stew and topped with cheese.  I also read that you can use pie crust as well, but the puff pastry worked great here. You can buy the puff pastry or pie dough at the store, and if you can't cook, just buy some Dinty Moore for the filling.  Line your pan with the dough, cover with  foil, and bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.  Fill baked shell with your choice of stew (that has most of the liquid strained out) and top with cheese of your choice.  Place another layer of pastry on top, crimp into pre-baked pastry, and score with the tip of a knife.  Brush with eggwash (1 egg 1 TBLS water) and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

It's definitely PFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment