Sunday, January 23, 2011

2nd attempt at meat pie mate.

I tried a more traditional recipe for this version.  It included;
-onions
-carrots
-celery
-peas
-mashed potatoes
-ground beef and ground turkey
-pork cutlets, cut into 1/2 pieces, floured, and sauteed in olive oil
-shredded cheese (I used smoked cheddar and pepper jack)
--puff pastry

I started by cooking off the beef and turkey, then adding the veggies till they were translucent.  I then mixed all the other ingredients together and seasoned with salt and pepper..

Half of puff pastry was formed in pie pan and baked covered with foil for 12-14 minutes.  Filled pie with meat filling and topped with other half of puff pastry.  Brushed top with eggwash and scored with tip of knife.




This meat pie thing is limitless on what you can do with it, and is quickly becoming my favorite cold weather, hearty homestyle favorite.  Puff pastry makes this addicting, though you can also use pie dough as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment